Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Their Last Night

Last night all I could hear was yelling crouched down at my bedroom door me and my younger sister Tiffany pressed our ears against the door. It was Alex and my dad arguing and my mom trying to calm them both down. As I listened I soon realized that they were arguing about Jayden. Then all of a sudden the arguing stopped and it was quiet for a moment then I heard Jayden scream a blood curdling scream. Me and my sister both looked at each other then ran and hid under my bed. I placed my hands over my ears and tried to think of a happier time but Jaydens' scream just kept echoing in my ears. I must have eventually fallen asleep under there and the next morning I awoke to heavy foot steps approaching our door I was so afraid whatever happened to Jayden was about to happen to us. I began to tremble as the door slowly opened and to my surprise it was just Avery. I quickly crawled from under the bed and ran to give him a hug Tiff soon followed. We both had a million questions to ask him about the previous night as we walked over to the bed and sat down. He answered none of our question just stood there silently for what seemed like ages then when he finally spoke he told us that mom and dad were dead. I was so shocked I couldn't even speak Tiff instantly burst into tears. I knew this day was coming but I didn't know it would be today. Avery was right about to say something else when Alex walks in carry the heads of our parents... To be continued

No comments: